Fall brings cooler weather (at some point for those of us in the South Carolina Lowcountry) and all of the yummiest seasonal treats! We’ve got sweet potatoes galore picked and in store now so it was only fitting we tell you of the easiest and best sweet potato pie recipe.
The EASIEST Sweet Potato Pie
- Large Pot
- pie pan (optional)
- 1½ cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tbsp butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 scant pinch salt
- 1 9 inch pre-made pie crust- Pillsbury works great!
- Bake pie crust according to package. Most pie crusts come already in a pie pan but if it doesn't, place in your favorite pie pan!
- While crust is baking, peel and boil sweet potatoes. (approx 2 large potatoes). Once soft, drain water and then mash sweet potatoes. (pro tip: use a larger pot to boil the potatoes and you can finish making the entire recipe in the same pot! Less dishes=better!)
- To the mashed sweet potatoes, add in all other ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture into baked pie crust. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Top with cool whip before serving and enjoy!!