Rizer's Sausage Stuffed Peppers
Rizer's Sausage Stuffed Peppers are a great new addition to your weekly meal plans!
- baking pan, frying pan, tin foil
- 1/2 Cup Zataran's Dirty Rice
- 1/4 Cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 pack Rizer's Mild Loose Sausage approximately 1/2 lb
- 1/4 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 3 peppers (red, yellow,orange or green- your choice)
- 1 Cup cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup spinach optional
- 1½ Cups water
- To start, make Zataran's Dirty Rice according to box instructions (you'll need to prepare approx. 1/2 cup of uncooked rice)
- While the rice is cooking, preheat over to 350°F. Cut the tops off of the peppers, gut them, and wash them well. Place in baking pan, pour in approx. 1½ cups of water into the bottom of the pan. Cover with tin foil. Bake approximately 20 minutes. Note: This will ensure the peppers are very tender after final baking. If you prefer a crunchy pepper, skip this step.
- In a frying pan on med, cook ¼ cup of diced red onions until soft. Add in 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste and combine.
- Add ½ pack of Rizer's Mild Loose Sausage (approx ½lb of sasusage) to the onion/paste. Cook until sausage is done- approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Drain excess grease.
- Pour sausage mixture back into the pan. Add in cooked rice and ¼ cup diced grape tomatoes. Mix until combined.
- By this point, you peppers should be done with the first phase of baking. Remove them from the oven, stuff peppers with sausage/rice mixture, add cheese if desired, top with tin foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- If needed, remove tin foil and bake until cheese is melted. Top with shredded spinach if desired!
- serve warm and enjoy!