Spicy Sausage Soup
These cold days have us longing to eat all of the warm and filling comfort foods. This spicy sausage soup is the best of both worlds. It's also a great make ahead dinner for a crowd!
- Large Pot
- 2 Lbs Rizer's Hot Loose Sausage
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Vidalia Onion
- 3/4 Carton Vegetable Broth (Chicken works well too)
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Rotel Tomatoes (can sub for mild rotel if you don't love spicy)
- 1 Can Original Rotel Tomatoes
- 1/2 Box Bowtie Pasta
- 1 tsp Morton Nature's Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (can use butter)
- In large pot on medium/high, cook Rizer's Hot Loose Sausage until done. About 10-15 minutes. Remove from pot and drain sausage for excess grease.
- While the sausage is draining and using the same pot as before, sautee the vegetables, adding in the olive oil (or butter) for about 5 minutes on med/high. Vegetables should be cooked but still slightly firm.
- To the pot, add broth and both cans of rotel tomatoes. Add in the seasoning. Let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sausage back to the pot.
- Add in the pasta, cover, and simmer until pasta is cooked- about 10- 15 mintues. If needed, add in the rest of the broth if the pasta has absorbed more than expected.
- Serve with toast slices and enjoy!