Not your mama's meatloaf! This hearty sauasage meatloaf is the perfect combo of sweet and spicy. Pair with a side of homemade mashed potatoes and beans and your meal is complete!
- Frying Pan
- 9X5 baking ban
- large bowl
- 1 lb Rizer's mild loose sausage
- 1/2 of a Large Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 of a Large Red Sweet Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 of a Large Yellow Sweet Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/4 Cup diced onion (white)
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Morton Nature's Seasoning (found in spice section, has yellow label)
- 1 large egg
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers (crushed)
- 1/4 Cup Mild Diced Tomatoes (we use Rotel)
- 1 tsp Stone Ground Mustard (optional)
- In a large frying pan on medium, combine butter, peppers, tomatoes, onion and cook until onions are slightly browned.
- Once the above is completed, add in the ketchup, brown sugar, seasoning, and mustard (optional). Stir until combined. Set the ketchup mixture aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed Ritz crackers, Rizer's loose sausage, and egg together.
- Pour in all but 1/4 cup of the ketchup mixture. Combine.
- Line 9x5 pan with tin foil. Pour in meatloaf mixture and pat down firmly.
- Cover the top of the meatloaf with the rest of the ketchup mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until done. Serve warm!