Sausage Corn Dogs
Missing all of your favorite fair foods? Make them at home! Our sausage corn dogs are all the fun and tastiness of fair food right at home!
- 1 large baking pan
- 1 Large Pot
- 6 bamboo skewers
- 1 Tall cup
- 1 pack Rizer's Sausage Links (6 links) (we used our hot sausage for an extra spiciness!)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Honey (We used Fiddler's Honey which is a local honey that we also sell in store)
- 2 heaping tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup Milk ( you can also use buttermilk)
- Bake Rizer's sausage links at 350°F for 15 minutes or until done. Let cool. Once cool, insert bamboo skewers into the sausage links.
- Whisk flour, corn meal, baking soda, salt together. Stir in milk, egg, and honey. The batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into a tall cup. This will make it easier for covering the sausage links with the batter.
- Dip the skewered sausage links into the batter until covered. Note: if the sausage links are damp, the batter won't stick. If your sausage links are damp, pat them dry before dipping into batter.
- To fry: in a large pot, add in vegetable oil and heat to 350°F. The amount of oil depends on the pot that you are using but it should easily cover the batter dipped sausage links. Fry the sausage corn dogs for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using tongs, remove sausage corn dogs from grease when done. Place on paper towel to drain excess grease.
- Dip in your favorite sauce and enjoy!