Ah Fall! A favorite time of year for so many people and for so many reasons! Fun visits to your local pumpkin patch or a family trip to the corn maze. Pumpkin carving, pumpkin pie…pumpkin spice (if that’s your thing). If you’re like most people, you want those fresh fall gourds you purchased on your family outing to last you until it’s time to put the Christmas Tree up. No sense in letting those pretties decompose before you’ve had your fill of all things Fall! Keep reading and find out just how easy it is to preserve your Fall gourds!
- Pick your favorite real gourds from your local grocery store or local pumpkin patch. They’re sure to have what you want!
- Prepare a mixture of bleach (2T), water (1 gallon), and a drop of dish soap (Dawn works best) in a sink or bucket. *Be careful mixing. Bleach will stain clothes and is not fit for consumption. Read all labels.*
- Soak real gourds for approximately 30 minutes.
- Rinse and dry well.
- To make them last longer, spray with a matte sealer.
- Decorate to your heart’s content and enjoy this new season!