Who doesn’t love breakfast foods? We’re not sure…we personally love them. However, if you’re like us, mornings can get a little bit hectic. Between getting ready for work, making the lunches, and rushing out the door, breakfast can sometimes take a backseat. These effortless sausage & egg bites are ideal to make ahead, keep in the freezer, and pop in the microwave for a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast.
Effortless Sausage & Egg Bites
- 1 Muffin/Cupcake tin
- 1 Large Pan
- 1 Grater/Food Proccessor/ Food Chopper
- 1 large bowl
- 7 Large Eggs
- 2 Heads Broccoli (medium-small)
- 1 lb Rizer's Sausage
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 Cup Milk (or milk substitute)
- Cheese (optional)
- cooking spray
- Brown Rizer's Sausage in large pan on stove. Drain excess grease and let sausage cool slightly while you finish the rest of the steps.
- Grate the 2 heads of broccoli finely. To make the process easier, we put the broccoli into the food processor. If you do not have one, use a cheese grater. If you don't have a cheese grater, finely chop with a knife. (Pro Tip: grate double the amount needed at one time and place the rest in a container to place in the freezer. This makes future prep even quicker!)
- In a large bowl, whisk 7 large eggs. Pour in the milk. Add in the salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Spray a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Add in a scoop of cooked sausage. Add a scoop of broccoli. Pour egg mixture on top until muffin tin is almost full. Top with cheese if you wish. Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy fresh, keep in the fridge for 3 days maximum, or freeze and then pop in the microwave for 2 minutes before enjoying!
If you’re looking for more ways to make your life a little bit easier, take a look at our FREE meal planner pages. CLICK HERE to view our weekly meal planner pages that will help you keep track of all things food for the week.