You know it, you love it- and if you don’t, you will! These classic southern sandwiches have been around for as long as we’re aware of and wahoo are they the best to have on a hot summer day! Nothing beats freshly cooked bacon on a slice of white bread with crisp, cold lettuce and sliced tomato. Oh- and don’t forget the Dukes mayo- this is South Carolina after all and Dukes mayo rules the roost. These quick and easy sandwiches are sure to please everyone-either around the campfire or around the pool.
The Classic BLT
- 1 skillet or pan
- 2 lbs Rizer's Bacon
- 1 loaf white bread (or whichever you prefer!)
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes
- Dukes Mayo
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Take 2lbs of Rizer's Bacon and cut strips in half. Place in med/high pan on stove and cook until done. As an alternative, cook bacon in stove at 350℉ for 30 minutes or until done.
- Slice tomato, wash and tear lettuce.
- Take 2 slices of bread, add Dukes Mayo to each slice of bread, add as much bacon as you wish, top with tomato and lettuce. Add salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy!